Nintendo has officially announced the name of it’s next home gaming console; the Nintendo WiiU. The console includes an innovative new controller which features a 6.2-inch touchscreen which is capable of displaying a copy of what’s on the television, an alternate camera angle of your game, or one of many accompanying menus that the game might include. The controller will also include a microphone, gyroscope as well as a player-facing camera which will allow the gamer to effectively play WITHOUT the need for a TV.
Check out the specs provided by Nintendo:
- Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
- Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.
- Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite
- Audio Output:Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.
- Storage:The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.
- CPU:IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.
- Other:Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.